Diamond Case StudyTerm Papers Diamond Case Study and over other 25,000+ free term papers, essays and research papers examples are available on the website!
Autor: people • September 2, 2011 • 2,301 Words (10 Pages) • 2,169 Views
A DIMOND PERSONALITY
1) What factors do you think attributed to Suraj bhai's success? Was he merely ``in
the right place at the right time'', or are there characteristics about him that
contribute to his success?
Following factors have contributed to success of Suraj Bhai.
Self Belief : These is established perception ❖ about the attitude object. What you
believe to be true.
❖ Intention to learn : Surajbhai has intention to keep on learning. This was the
biggest factor in his success. He worked hard for receiving his Diamond & Diamond
grading certification from Gemological Institute. He also learned English Language to
overcome communication hurdles.
❖ Hard working : He had determination to work hard.
❖ Clarity in goal : Suraj Bhai's goal was very clear.
❖ Ready to take risk : Inorder to excel in any field, it is very much important to take
calculated risk. Suraj Bhai had the guts to take risk.
❖ Will to win : Suraj Bhai was very determined towards his goal. He had strong self
belief and commitment to win.
❖ Motivation and resourcefull : Suraj Bhai had a lot of self motivation. Motivation
refers to forces within a person that affect the direction, intensity and persistency of
voluntary behavior. Suraj Bhai was very resorcefull.
2. How do you believe Suraj bhai would score on the Big Five dimensions of
personality (extroversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, emotional stability,
openness to experience)? Which ones would he score high on? Which ones might he
score low on?
Suraj Bhai would score highest on the openness to experience
3. Do you believe that Suraj bhai is high or low on core selfevaluations? On what
information did you base your decision?
I believe that Surajbhai is high on core selfevaluation. Hi is a definitely
A diamond personality.
4. What information about Suraj bhai suggests that he has a proactive personality?
The information Suraj bhai suggests that he has a one who is procative is a go getter,
they are not procrastinators, and will reach out to make things happen and get things
1) Of the three types of organizational justice, which one does workplace bullying
most closely resemble?
Work place bullying most closely resembles interactional justice which is the degree
to which an individual is treated with dignity, concern and respect.
2) What aspects of motivation might workplace bullying reduce? For example, are
there likely to be effects on an employee's self-efficacy? If so, what might those
Quite simply, workplace bullying will dampen your motivation to even get out of bed
and get yourself to work.
Depending on what specific type of bullying it is, you also may not feel like:
* speaking up, sharing ideas, and basically attracting attention
* the quantity of work you do could be affected (if the type of bullying is the "go
buy me something- or else" type)
* the quality of your work may be lowered. When you are bullied, your self esteem
takes a big blow- you feel miserable, and un-selfmotivated.
3) If you were a victim of workplace bullying, what steps would you take to try to
reduce its occurrence? What strategies would be most effective? What strategies
might be ineffective? What would you do if one of your colleagues was a victim of an
1) Keep a written record of what happened, what was said, who was there and who
witnessed the incident. For every occasion.
2)Get support from colleagues, if possible.
3)Get support from Union representatives, if possible.
4)Get outside support, if possible, legal, medical, etc.
5)Take all your evidence to your supervisor. If nothing happens, or if the supervisor is
part of the bullying, then go higher. If nothing happens then keep going higher.
Management, police, local media for publicity, lawyers etc.
4) What factors do you believe contribute to workplace bullying? Are bullies a
product of the situation, or are they flawed personalities? What situations and what
personality factors might contribute to the presence of bullies?
* a weak manager who is afraid of his employees and so